Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Throw Dice, Guess Rose

The previous owners of my house bought a rose bush and apparently, their
thinking (?) process involved this: "What would be the worst possible place
to plant this thing?" So, they stuck it two feet from a large evergreen
shrub, in a corner of the house where it gets about 45 minutes of sun in the
morning, and total shade for the remainder. It grows almost 8 feet tall,
though, which raises a question: Is it leggy because it's not getting enough
light? Or is it tall because it's a climber? There are no identifying tags,
of course.

I realize nobody can know the answer, unless I arrange for DNA analysis. So,
I'm collecting guesses. Hit me with your best shot. No penalties for wrong
guesses. I'm planning moving it, and its final position will depend on
whether it's a climber or not.