Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
pegleg pegleg is offline

Default Range of "Black Spring" in eastern/central US due to April cold

I'm interested in the range of this "black spring" event. I remember a
similar thing, in late April, in the mid 1980s, in Lincoln Nebraska,
but never one in the southeast.
I'm in western North Carolina, and every single blosson out last
Friday, is dead. Dogwood bracts appear to be ok.
In addition, most of the new leaves on trees have been killed. Only
Bradford Pears and Willows are still green.

Please weigh in with your location and whether similar has occurred.
Thanks.
If it should be done off-list, feel free to email me
) and I'll summarize and post it here.
Thanks,

Pegleg