Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] treacob@gmail.com is offline

Default bark mulch - need to get rid of grass?

On Apr 10, 8:47 am, "Buderschnookie" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

We would like to apply bark mulch in several areas around our home
where grass currently exists. Is there a need to get rid of the grass
before applying the mulch, either by lifting the sod or laying
cardboard and four inches of soil, as we do when preparing a new bed,
or can we just lay landscape fabric and 2-3 inches of mulch and that
will take care of the grass over time.

What kind of grass is it?

I would vote dig it out, but I have a very aggressive grass that spreads by
runners.
It laughs at weedcloth and mulch.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

I have no idea what kind of grass it is... how would one tell?