Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Help for a canna novice

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:56:59 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

I know of people in the northen states that have kepted their canna rhizomes
in cardboard boxs wriped in newspaper and replants them in spring and have
them blooming by July. Me, mine stays in the ground here in the mojave
desert.

I have several varieties: 'Striped Beauty,' 'Phaison,' and
'Pretoria.' They are in the ground and I could start a canna farm.
I'm in zone 8b, but our soil never freezes and it is not particularly
wet a lot in winter.