Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Coffee Grounds in Compost

Mysterion wrote:

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
Mysterion wrote:
I finally got myself a compost bin to speed up the process rather
than my
old method of "till it under and wait".

I've read that coffee grounds make good compost - something about
earthworms
liking it.
My question is "How much is too much?"
The household consumption of coffee is at least a half gallon per day.
This quickly adds up to a lot of grounds.

Here's a link that discusses coffee grounds in compost:

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/s...354019975.html

It answers your questions and more.

Great link.
Thanks.

It almost makes me want to start drinking coffee...

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.