Old 10-04-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord Starlord is offline

Default Help for a canna novice

this last year our normal rain fall of 10 to 15 inch has not showed up, our
one rain storm droped all of 5 drops of rain on the ground. It's been dry.
but as I use the trailer parks water I still get to do all the watering I
need to do. I'm on the south edge of Rosamond, west gate of Edwards AFB and
I'm 15 miles below the Mojave Spaceport and can wach the lauching from
there. Right now my main garden in only 150ft long by 100ft wide in the
desert field and my main crop is iris and canna.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:56:59 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

I know of people in the northen states that have kepted their canna
rhizomes
in cardboard boxs wriped in newspaper and replants them in spring and have
them blooming by July. Me, mine stays in the ground here in the mojave
desert.

I have several varieties: 'Striped Beauty,' 'Phaison,' and
'Pretoria.' They are in the ground and I could start a canna farm.
I'm in zone 8b, but our soil never freezes and it is not particularly
wet a lot in winter.