Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default question about water

On 10 Apr 2007 09:39:51 -0700 in . com wrote:
On Apr 9, 7:32 pm, "Bob Walsh" wrote:
Gail,

You might check to see if your kitchen cold water faucet is softened.
Frequently this is not the case.

i also read somewhere that sometimes the outside spigots bypass the
water softener unit....

Depends on how the house is plumbed.
If it's on a concrete slab, your guess is as good as mine unless you
want to try intentionally plugging the softener to track where water
flows.
If it's a crawlspace, you can always spend some quality time on your
back and knees with a flashlight...

The house I was in previously, the spigot next to the pressure tank
and the spigot at the well bypassed the whole house filter.
The spigot at the front of the house was filtered water.

The current house appears to have everything go through the water softener,
but as there is no salt in the softener and doesn't appear to have been
any this century... I don't worry about it.
I'll probably put in a hefty RO unit with big storage tank when I
figure out what I want to do with RO waste water and where I
want RO to go...

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up