Old 10-04-2007, 05:31 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Animal poop of some sort

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:43:04 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:56:04 -0500, Jangchub wrote:

My husband discovered two huge poops on top of our shed. The shed has
tall shrubs near it, and is also accessible to the fence near it so
that's how this animal got up there, but does anyone know what would
do this? The poop is larger than a cats poo, and it doesn't have the
characteristic of an opossum or raccoon, but what could it be? We
have had a female fox raise her pups two years in a row under the
shed, but these poos are too big for fox. I'd say they are about the
size of a medium dog. Ideas?

I still think it's a racoon. I see a lot of roofs in my work, and
for some reason, racoons love pooping on roofs.

-sw

I think you are right. I've never seen a racoon nearby, but I'm
certain they are out there. I can leave the rind of a watermelon out
and the next morning it is shaved to the nub. I thought our opossum
was eating it, but I think it is a raccoon.