Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Spider Mites on Strawberry Pot Strawberries

On 10 Apr 2007 12:37:15 -0700, "Tim Howell"
wrote:

I've recently had an outbreak of spider mites on several of the plants
in my strawberry pot. I tried a neem oil spray, but I've still got a
lot of the mites and I don't want to kill my plants with the spray.
I've read that moisture is bad for spider mites, so I'm spraying the
plants with water from a spray bottle several times a day.

Is the water alone likely to be an effective control for the spider
mites? Should I continue to use the neem oil? How often? Is there
something else I can do to get rid of the mites? I don't want to
spend a lot on one remedy after another, so if there is something that
will be effective I'd like to go straight to that.

--TWH

Read the label and it will answer all these questions. I never found
Neem oil to be very useful. When I get spider mites I blast the
undersides of the leaves with a very strong blast of hose. It forces
the mites off. It doesn't kill them, which is nice IMO.