Old 28-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Jan Flora

Default toxic soil?

In article ,
(mags) wrote:

hello,
i've just begun a vegetable garden with my cousin on my aunt and
uncle's property. the spot we are planting is right next to a burn
pile. many of the ashes of burnt garbage have been dumped on the
area. while i was digging in the ground i found pieced of charred
plastic and even a battery at on point. i am concerned that this is
not health to be growing in? does any one have advice for me?

happy gardening,
margie

Ick! Can you move the garden area over a little, to get out of the
old trash site? I sure wouldn't grow veggies where old batteries
ended up. Flowers, sure, but not anything that you want to eat.

Jan