Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
P Max P Max is offline

Default Clean 4

What virus testing method is used there Kathy?
We have an ELISA test service available in Tasmania. However, I believe the
scientists regard it as only 75% accurate. Costs a bit too if you have
sufficient leaves to test. So I simply burn anything with definite symptoms
unless its a valuable or rare / endangered plant.
Peter

--
)
"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Thanks for the 2 sets, Kathy. I always get the shivers at the thoughts of
viruses. I have several thousand plants and there's no way to use a new
blade for each cut. I spray & soak in Physan, dip blades in saturated
sodium triphosphate between live cuts and try to keep a clean house. But
you've seen how I grow in tiers and there's no way to totally prevent a
virus in my environment. You've done a great service to help us see some
of the things we should watch out for (without spending all the money you
did - thanks!). But you've also put it in perspective with the clean pics.
Maybe my collection will last a little longer. Thanks.
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
This'll be the last one. I promise. I don't want you all hiding under
your beds in fear.

I think its a potinara..... Pot. Strawberry Dacquiri Tested clean. No
virus.

K Barrett