Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default What should I look for

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..
I want to put a pond in my yard this year roughly 8x10 36 depth. what
should I be looking for when buying a liner, i.e. thickness ect. Also any
suggestions on where to buy and what to buy or not to buy (name brands ect)
Also suggestions on filtration as well.

Any and all intelligent replies are welcomed, I really don't care if
you've forgotten more about ponds then I'll ever know as long as you can
offer something useful

We're very happy with the Tetra EPDM liners we bought. They're 60 mil thick
and now 9 and 10 years old. I don't see them that thickness advertised any
more.

I also have the Tetra filters and UV lights but they old technology now.
Someone will recommend something much better I'm sure. BTW, the Tetra UV
lights weren't cheap but they can and do keep the water crystal clear.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.