Old 11-04-2007, 04:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default Hostas froze, now what?

Here in extreme SE Iowa (zone 5) we had a couple of weeks of VERY warm
weather thus most all of the early flowers came up big time. Immediately
following this warm spell we had just the opposite, down in the twenties
at night. :-(

Well, needless to say the plants really suffered. The tulips and
daffodils appear to be recovering but the hostas are really a mess and
most of them were about 8 to 12 inches tall when the cold weather came.

Finally, the question; do we cut them back or just wait and see how they
make out on their own?

Don