Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Manelli Family Manelli Family is offline

Default New to gardening

"Hud" wrote in message

I've already bought Burpee Nantes Half Long carrot seed (easy sow seed
tape) and Tenderpod green bean seed. Soon I'm going to get some Roma and
Better Boy tomato plants and some kind of peppers. That's about it.

If you're going to grow carrots and beans make sure you are either in a
rabbit free area or fence the veggie patch. If there are rabbits they will
eat the tops off right down to an inch or two above the ground. They don't
touch peppers or tomatoes.