Old 11-04-2007, 05:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kat >^.^ kat >^.^ is offline

Default Eible Watercress

"Gareee©" wrote in message
watercress is only availabel in my local stores if someone requests it,
and I also found it very bitter.. almost a strong mustardy taste. The wife
also found it distasteful, and I can;t imagien havinbg a watercress
sandwich.

OTOH, the fish gobbled all of it right up, faster then it could grow..
seems my guys will eat any plant I toss in there!

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Not to be off-topic, but the best watercress is flowering nasturtum, which I
grew in my regular garden for many year. The seeds come in packets like any
other flower. My sister-in-law was taken aback that anyone would serve her
FLOWERS! But the blossoms are as delicious as the leaves, maybe even more
so.
I'm a sucker for the stems, too. Peppery and light, they add something to a
salad. The flowers make a lovely accent on top, and instead of parsley to
beautify a plate.
I live in a cooler climate, though.

--
kat ^.^