Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default New to gardening

"Manelli Family" wrote in
:

*trim*

If you're going to grow carrots and beans make sure you are either in
a rabbit free area or fence the veggie patch. If there are rabbits
they will eat the tops off right down to an inch or two above the
ground. They don't touch peppers or tomatoes.

At one time we had something eating tomato plants. The solution my
mother used when I was young was simply to put a bit of screen around the
base of the cages, and that solved the problem.

Puckdropper