Old 11-04-2007, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Sweetcorn

Donna (UK) wrote:
Good Morning All

I am trying to grow some sweetcorn and have put 6 corns in pots
inside a propagator about one month ago and they do not seem to be
doing anything. Has anyone ever tried to grow sweetcorn? How long
does it take to germinate usually? I have tried to look online but I
can not seem to find anything on sweetcorn germinatation.

Am debating just chucking the ones I have planted and trying some new
seeds.
Thank you
Donna

They should have poked their heads out by now.
If you want 6 good plants, sow a couple of dozen, and pick the best. I
always use fibre pots, near a window and some warmth. That way, when you
plant them out, you don't disturb the roots. Be prepared for a heavy
watering schedule.......they drink gallons once they get going!
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK