Old 28-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Lil

Default cause of yellow or brown lawn

Hi!

Our lawn is yellow or brown, not green like many of our neighbors.
What is the cause of this?

If this will help, the lawn is fairly new--it was installed last
August. The developer had the sprinkler system set up so the lawn got
watered twice a day (7 minutes each time), 3-4 times a week. After we
got our water bill, we quickly put a stop to that and watered it once
a day for 7 minutes, 3-4 times a week. Then in the fall, we noticed
that the grass was getting yellow or brown, and since our summers are
hot--it was 80-90 in the afternoon into October, we decided to water
the lawn everyday for 7 minutes. The brown didn't bother us since
it's winter.

Now that spring is here, the grass is still yellow or brown while
everyone else's lawn is gettin green. Does the lawn need fertilizer?
Is it being overwatered?

Thanks in advance.

Lil