Old 11-04-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Sweetcorn

Good Morning All

I am trying to grow some sweetcorn and have put 6 corns in pots
inside a propagator about one month ago and they do not seem to be
doing anything. Has anyone ever tried to grow sweetcorn? How long
does it take to germinate usually? I have tried to look online but I
can not seem to find anything on sweetcorn germinatation.

Am debating just chucking the ones I have planted and trying some new
seeds.
Thank you
Donna

Farfarfar too early!
I have good results planting out 6 inch high seedlings endmay/begjun sown in
pots early may and germinated with(optional) undersoil heat in greenhouse.
Plant them out in a block - min 4pl x 4 sq. about 15ins apart.
Now is far too early because the outside air temp at night is still too low
and they will go off in a propagator if forced.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com