Old 11-04-2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
DavidM[_1_] DavidM[_1_] is offline

Default Eible Watercress

~ jan wrote, On 10/04/2007 06:40:
Watercress should be very hot & peppery -

Well... hot & peppery probably is equal to bitter on my tongue. ;-)
One method which might make it more palatable

Sounds like work.... and the willingness to acquire the taste. (I don't
drink beer either for that reason.) :-)

You sound like a supertaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster).
I'm the opposite, water cress tastes great and I eat lemons like
oranges. It's good to be a genetic anomaly.
All this talk of biofilters has reminded me that the pile of decking
offcuts needs to be turned into a filter frame.

--
DavidM
www.djmorgan.org.uk