Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Eible Watercress - (going OT)

And the seeds themselves are "capers".

Capers are watercress seeds? - We had them on the cruise ship in '86 on
different foods - thought it was a Greek thing - excellent

Er, no, capers are nasturtium seeds.

Now I'm confused, too :-)

Plants with the common name "Nasturtium" are genus Tropaeolum ("Flowering
Nasturtium" is /Tropaelum Majus/) and not at all related to watercress -
which is genus Nasturtium! Watercress is a type of mustard.

Here's a good page: http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Lepi_sat.html

Now I have to follow up what he said about capers - maybe they _aren't_
actually the same thing...

OK, Derek - you got the ball, run with it :~
Gale :~)