Old 28-03-2003, 05:21 AM
Tim Fischer

Default Female dog bare spots/lawn

wrote in message
You have a male dog. Females are the lawn killers.

Sorry but that's just not true.

Either sex of dog's urine will kill grass. The reason male dogs typically
fare better for lawns is that after reaching sexual maturity, they typically
lift their leg and pee on something. Not only that, they tend to go in
small spurts, marking as many things as possible. Female dogs just squat
and dump it all in one place.

However, if you fix a male dog early enough, they won't ever convert from
squatting (which all puppies do) to leg lifting. So my dog pees just like a
female -- squats down and dumps it all in one spot. And I guarantee you, it
will kill the grass.

-Tim