Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Sweetcorn

"Donna (UK)" wrote in message
Thank you for all the replies... I thought that it was too early when I
read the packet but thought I would try it anyway. I guess when they say
you can sow it in march/april they mean with a heated propagator...

Will try again in a few weeks...

Donna

I have had the same difficulty. The first six all rotted to yellow gloop, I
thought too wet and warm. The next six all went mouldy except for one which
is growing. A professional gardner I consulted suggested germinating the
seeds on wet paper in the shade like kids do with beans before putting them
in compost. I don't see how it can be too early to grow indoors - the seeds
don't know what the date is.

Tim W