Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Shade Privacy Tree Suggestions?

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:17:38 -0400, "saabdued"
wrote:

Hello, and thanks in advance for your assistance. I am in zone 7, on Long
Island, New York. I am looking for some privacy trees that would preferably
grow tall and full, yet not too wide, as their location is not a very wide
space (between a fence and a path). They would be in partial to almost full
shade, which I know would rule out many evergreens such as arborvitae. While
I prefer an evergreen suggestion, it could also be a non-evergreen, as the
privacy I seek is mostly for the summer months. Thanks very much for your
time and advice.

Check into hollies.