Old 12-04-2007, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Animal poop of some sort

On 12 Apr 2007 05:21:06 -0700, "Frank" wrote:

Get a large Hav-a-hart and trap the critters. I got mine for
groundhogs but have trapped raccoons and possums. Poop does not
bother me but rabies is endemic around here. I get worried when I see
foxes and raccoons in daylight and they don't run from me.

Frank

Well, I have a Certified Wildlife Habitat, so what would be the point
in trapping animals and removing them? Suppose whatever animal it is
has young, do they die because I trapped their mother? I am not
afraid of rabies. It is certainly not rampant here and we have two of
the largest urban bat colonies of Mexican free tail bats in the world,
which fly over my home nightly in huge swarms of over a million.

I have never seen a nocturnal animal during the day in our yard. I've
seen the fox and her two young last year, but only at night and they
definitely didn't want to be anywhere near us. We found another poop
on the roof of the shed this morning. I'm going to call the game
warden to find out what this could be. I think raccoon. I hope
raccoon not skunk.