Old 12-04-2007, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Identity of palm tree

Can any kind person help me identify this palm tree growing in a
friend's garden on Islay?

http://www.indaal.demon.co.uk/palm/palm.jpg

I've been asked if I know what it is but I haven't been able to find it
any book or on the web.

The tree is close to 4 metres tall and the leaves are entire except for
frayed tips. A flower head has appeared this year, apparently for the
first time - it is an elongated bunch of what look like buds at the
moment - but was too concealed by the flowers to photograph.

Thanks

--
Malcolm