Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Brassolaeliocattley Black Rot Fungus?

Bruce, I'm not usually one to give up easily, but that looks like a goner.
Which treatment at this point depends on what you can get very quickly. This
group recommended Cleary's 3336 to me when I spotted a large scale (not the
bugs!) problem. It's great stuff. For follow up, Physan or Phyton work very
well.

From what I can see, both the outside pbulbs are shot. Cut them away. I
think I see rot on the base of the middle one, too, but if I'm wrong, treat
that lone pbulb by soaking it in a fungicide/bacteriacide. Then do the spag
and bag trick and hope for some new growth.

I know that flower; I have that plant. It's gorgeous. Still, sometimes we
lose a few.

Diana

"BruceM" wrote in message
Brassolaeliocattley Chyong Guu Chaffinch "Ta Hsin"
http://home.roadrunner.com/~katkom/IMG_3896.JPG

Bulb is turning soft,and you can see the one that rotted and fell off.What
fungicide works best here? A lot of reading indicates etridiazole, which
I have not tracked back to a brand name yet.