Old 12-04-2007, 09:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
chereena chereena is offline

Default New pond/koi owner questions

I was so happy to find this group and read some of your past posts.
Thanks for being here!

I bought a house with a koi pond in Seattle and the owner left me two
adult fish
and some very rudimentary instructions. Today I put some algae
chemicals in the pond and attempted to clean the giant filters in the
barrel. Wondering .....

Is there any less disgusting way to clean out the filters? I had
pond scum all over me by the time I was finished. He put the barrel
in a place that I have to drag or carry the filters quite a ways and
when they are full of scum they are very heavy.

Any suggestions or help offered is greatly appreciated!