Old 13-04-2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Shade Privacy Tree Suggestions?

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:50:29 -0400, "saabdued"
wrote:

Right now all we have growing along that fence are shade perennials that
can
be easily moved. We do have a Holly tree not far away in full/mostly
shade,
and while not tall nor narrow, it is very healthy. Not very familiar with
Hollies, but I will look into them to see if I can find one that meets our
specifications. We like our neighbors but their house is very close to our
fence and on a hill overlooking that area of our yard. We are just looking
for something to grow a few feet taller than the six foot fence for added
privacy. Thanks very much for the suggestion.

There are literally hundreds of varieties of holly shrubs and trees.
I am certain you will find one to suit your needs and they do well in
shade.

Holly in shade?