Old 13-04-2007, 05:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Salt crust on clay pots?

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

Has anyone figured out how get the salt crust off their
clay pots? I've tried white vinegar. It didn't work.
Maybe I didn't do it right.

Will a normal springtime soaking pots in a wheelbarrow
fill of water with a splash of bleach make it easier to scrub
that salt off?

TIA,

Confused (as usual) in Alaska

I don't know what you mean by salts. I would guess that it is calcium
carbonate but vinegar should take care of that, unless it is too
diluted. Try squirting the vinegar directly on the crystals. Otherwise,
if it is regular salt, water should dissolve it.

Good luck,
- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)