Old 13-04-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default New pond/koi owner questions

"chereena" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was so happy to find this group and read some of your past posts.
Thanks for being here!

I bought a house with a koi pond in Seattle and the owner left me two
adult fish
and some very rudimentary instructions. Today I put some algae
chemicals in the pond and attempted to clean the giant filters in the
barrel. Wondering .....

Is there any less disgusting way to clean out the filters? I had
pond scum all over me by the time I was finished. He put the barrel
in a place that I have to drag or carry the filters quite a ways and
when they are full of scum they are very heavy.
Any suggestions or help offered is greatly appreciated!

Maybe clean them more often, before they get so bad they gross you out. The
last people may not have cleaned them for ages knowing they were moving.
You also have to option of switching to a different type of filter.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.