Old 13-04-2007, 05:48 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Michael Lee Michael Lee is offline

Default What should I look for

wrote in
oups.com:

On Apr 10, 1:31 pm, "Peter Pan" wrote:
I want to put a pond in my yard this year roughly 8x10 36 depth.
what should I be looking for when buying a liner, i.e. thickness ect.
Also any suggestions on where to buy and what to buy or not to buy
(name brands ect) Also suggestions on filtration as well.

Any and all intelligent replies are welcomed, I really don't care if
you've forgotten more about ponds then I'll ever know as long as you
can offer something useful

Hello Peter,
haven't seen anyone mention it but folks used to put old carpet under
the liner for extra protection from punctures. Just a thought.
Randy

When we did our 2400 Gal pond about 12 years ago, I called a local carpet
company. The owner told me to come down early in the AM when the carpet
layers were dumping the old carpet from the previous day and take what I
want. When I arrived, the carpet layer was dumping top of the line Berver
carpet that had been installed in a house within the previous 6 months.
The owners hated the look and were replacing it. My pond had more
expensive carpet than my house!