Old 13-04-2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] marzipan1960@gmail.com is offline

Default LED lights

On 7 Apr, 00:18, wrote:
On Apr 6, 2:38 pm, Charles wrote:

On 6 Apr 2007 10:26:47 -0700, wrote:

has anybody heard anything good about led light??

Yes, it's brighter than LED dark. Any specific questions?

I am thinking about getting some led grow lights. this site seems to
sell some pretty inexpensive ligts atleast in bulkhttp://www.fuzzlight.com.

You mean YOU are trying to sell them !

http://www.gardenbazaar.com/directory/kin/

As I comment on sci.engr.lighting, they're OK for lettuce - (maybe) :-

http://www.metaefficient.com/archive...w-lettuce.html

(the only commercial application I have been able to find and I wonder
if they paid full price for those LEDs ? )

From observations of experimental grows they're about as efficient as

compact fluorescents, but substantially less so than even small
HIDs .. so even for (expensive) lettuce, their only selling point
(outside of a laboratory) is lumen maintenance / longevity.... but the
payback time surely has to be a decade or so ...

I reckon fluorescents are the best solution for domestic salad
production.