Old 28-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Andrew G

Default Removing lawn to make way for gardenbed?

"Sue" wrote in message
Hi
I want to dig up some more of my couch lawn to extend a garden bed.
Previously I have been digging it out and trying to save as much of the

top
soil as possible. I should add the lawn is only four months old, grown

from
seed and the roots don't go down for miles, YET!! :-)
I guess I am starting to get lazy but was thinking that maybe I could

spray
the area with Zero or similar. Will I be doing the wrong thing in trying
to avoid digging. I would like to be able to replant the area within a
month.
Thanks, Sue Karratha.