Old 13-04-2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Shade Privacy Tree Suggestions?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:04:13 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:50:29 -0400, "saabdued"
wrote:

Right now all we have growing along that fence are shade perennials that
can
be easily moved. We do have a Holly tree not far away in full/mostly
shade,
and while not tall nor narrow, it is very healthy. Not very familiar with
Hollies, but I will look into them to see if I can find one that meets our
specifications. We like our neighbors but their house is very close to our
fence and on a hill overlooking that area of our yard. We are just looking
for something to grow a few feet taller than the six foot fence for added
privacy. Thanks very much for the suggestion.

There are literally hundreds of varieties of holly shrubs and trees.
I am certain you will find one to suit your needs and they do well in
shade.

Holly in shade?

Yes. Holly in shade or sun. In shade doesn't grow as fast, but will
flower and berry just fine. I have Yaupon and Burford and they are
both doing very well in full shade.