Old 13-04-2007, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default tree recommendations please?

In message .com,
"Cat(h)" writes
On Apr 13, 12:02 am, Sacha wrote:
On 12/4/07 23:24, in article
. com, "Cat(h)"

wrote:

snip

This is a willow (I think) a couple of miles away, and it's pretty
upright by local standards.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3zbu6ua

Cat(h)

Instead of a tree which might well give up the struggle, is a seat a
possibility - a bench where people who also enjoy that place and its views
would remember the person to be commemorated?
--

That is not my call, and the people concerned are keen on something
living. As I said before, certain things *do* grow there, and given a

Cat(h)

If you could give us some more details on the site, such as how far from
the coast it is, what direction the sea is from the site, whether it's
on a headland or a bay, etc. All this will make a difference; 10 feet
from the high tide line, on a headland in the teeth of westerly gales,
is different from 50 feet back from the coast, in a sheltered
east-facing location.

In some locations very little, if anything, in the way of trees will
survive; in others you could possibly even grown palms (Trachycarpus)
and pseudo-palms (Cordyline).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley