Old 13-04-2007, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
saabdued saabdued is offline

Default Shade Privacy Tree Suggestions?

Many thanks to you all, especially the knowledgeable person who recommended
Hollies. I did some research, and I see that there is a Holly called Nellie
Stevens that should do just fine where I want it. There is a nursery near me
that sells it, and I understand it will grow quite rapidly to 20 feet. It
also responds well to pruning. While I am mostly interested in the height, I
can keep it pruned so as not to extend out into my path or directly into the
fence. It is sold as either a tree or a shrub depending on one's needs.
Thanks all very much, and a happy gardening season to you all.