Old 13-04-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Manelli Family Manelli Family is offline

Default Asparagus fern requirements

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
"Manelli Family" :

"Dottie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do Asparagus ferns need full sun, shade or a little of both to
thrive? I just bought three and they are so pretty...I want them to
stay looking as pretty as they are now.
Thanks for any information you can share.

Mine thrives in dappled sunlight under a tree. In winter it's in a west
window with a lace curtain. These ferns can get quite large.

Mine seem to grow anywhere but will thrive in part shade. Yes, they can
get quite large and very messy

I don't find them good indoor plants due to their size and constant dropping
of needles, or whatever they're called. It was a gift from my son many years
ago so we keep it. The plant is about 40 years old.

Michael

--
".real foodies should just give over to the experience of eating and let
the experience take them away. No questions. No expectations. No