Old 13-04-2007, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Road_HogŪ[_2_] Road_HogŪ[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn mower - small lawn!

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Road_HogŪ" No Spam writes:

| For heaven's say, WHY? We mow a lawn like that in less than 20
minutes
| with a mains electric rotary.
|
| Do you use an extension lead? Then that is why you should be using a
petrol
| unit.

No :-) But why do you say that, anyway?

Because the lead is usually designed to cover the area that the mower was
meant to cut. Plus most people don't like having to play around with
extension leads and dragging a 100Ft of cable around with them, especially
if it's damp. The resistance in the cable reduces the performance of the
motor as well.

| Before you answer no, electric mowers do not come with anything like a
100Ft
| or cable, so if you answer no, then your garden isn't that length.

I replaced the lead. OK?

Well, you're already modifying the mower and incurring extra costs. It isn't
just that, the electric motors are made to a budget and the blades are
pretty poor as well and you're just compounding it.