Old 13-04-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating

Jim and I join you in loving the new group! It is really nice to have
friendly chat without the conflictual stuff.

Jim's grandfather lived in Berkeley. They had coons that visited the
fishpond at night. That scared the fish.

I think Nick is probably on target with his net remark.

Our koi think blanketweed (string algae) is a treat, so we don't get
and established in the main pond. Our berm ponds do get it. When the
plants are really up and running, the problem goes away. Maybe yours
will fade if your other plants give lots of cover and grow well.

Good luck.

Phyllis