Old 13-04-2007, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Upside-down Tomato Gardens

On 5 Apr, 14:45, Jack wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
On 3 Apr, 02:02, Jack wrote:
ato growth. Marigolds deter nematodes. Pot marigolds deter tomato horn
worms and general garden pests.
and for your information......I've planted potato's in a bushel basket,
layering them in soil and leaves and at the end of the growth, just
dumped the basket out and there were the spuds! LOL
"There's a hole in my bucket dear Mad'e dear Mad'e
There's a hole in my bucket dear mad'e a hole.
Then Plant it dear..................
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Youre showing your age David...

After 3 days of clearing brambles, some with stems of over 20ft, I'm
also feeling my age. So today I have managed to catch the chaps from
BT and have ordered 12 telegraph poles, have also ordered a pallet of
concrete blocks and a ton of sand
so much for the wife's "Free glasshouse".
The poles are for a shade structure for early chrysanths.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

You cant be shifting all that by hand. Whats your secret?

For shifting the poles the answer is rollers and shear legs with block
and tackle, and just taking my time.
It's amazing what you can shift with rollers, leavers etc, well it's
worked for a couple of thousand years,
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries