Old 13-04-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Asparagus fern requirements

Mine seem to grow anywhere but will thrive in part shade. Yes,
they can
get quite large and very messy

I don't find them good indoor plants due to their size and constant dropping
of needles, or whatever they're called. It was a gift from my son many years
ago so we keep it. The plant is about 40 years old.

Thanks! I was wondering if they were as messy as Boston Ferns.
Apparently they are!
40 years old!! Unbelievable! It must be huge! Even though I
live in the south, I will have to bring
them in this winter. Maybe I'll keep them in the garage beside a
window that faces south.