Old 13-04-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
RichToyBox RichToyBox is offline

Default What should I look for

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:04:52 CST, wrote:

Hello Peter,
haven't seen anyone mention it but folks used to put old carpet under
the liner for extra protection from punctures. Just a thought.
Randy

Randy!!!! How are you!!! If I remember right, last I'd heard you were
living in an apartment with no pond? How is life, better I hope?

Good idea about the fabric.

One of our members used those blocks and raised his pond at least 12". I
don't know if he used fabric or not behind them. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us

Again, it is good to see everyone having fun again. I raised my first liner
pond in 2005 with the landscape blocks about 2 feet. I used a tough
geotextile fabric as an underliner for the protection of the liner. You can
see pics at http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage6.html