Old 14-04-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default A decade of wrecked gardens!

On Apr 13, 4:46 am, "naearthmom" wrote:
Hey V!
I have a VERY old email addy for you - no longer in use -
Ann yours is still viable.
I do keep in pretty close contact with TOM KANPA, Bev, MAd,and some
others.

Our strawberries look to be a huge crop this year......put down
seafood compost before the big rains came...need to get mroe before
the nor'easter comes..

Had to take out 12 arborvitaes so now I am debating what to put
there...........do you think climbing roses that grow 8' can be
trained back down onto a 5' fence?

Ca

Sure you can. Just bend (carefully) the most flexible canes so they
can be fastened horizontally along the top of the fence. You'll get
more blooms that way, also. If there are a lot of canes, attach some
of them in a fan shape along the front face of the fence.

Emilie