Old 14-04-2007, 10:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Noncompliant Noncompliant is offline

Default How much watering?

"Hud" wrote in message
Anyone have an idea how often and how long I should water a 7'x8'
vegetable garden? (carrots, green beans, tomatoes and peppers - not
planted yet) Common sense tells me the best times to water are in the
morning before the sun heats things up and early in the evening when it
gets cooler. Is once a day enough? I'm also not quite sure how long to
water. I don't want to over-do it. I'll be watering with a hose that has
a sprinkler head on it. I'm thinking a few minutes of watering is plenty
for such a small garden. Am I on the right track? Sorry if this seems
like a silly question to those of you with a lot of gardening experience.
Prior to this year my closest experience to gardening was buying
vegetables at the grocery store. Lol Thanks

Since its not planted yet, don't worry about it.

To encourage germination, keep the soil moist at all times. After weening
the seedlings, follow the advice of the well meaning folks here.
--
Noncompliant

Money don't wag the dog's tail.