Old 14-04-2007, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Lawn mower - small lawn!

For many years my mother used electric rotary Flymo grasscutters to cut a
large lawn, I do not have measurements now but the plot was a quarter of an
acre and at least half of that was grass. Over a period of 25 years she went
through three machines, the last of which (a 21 inch cut steel bladed
machine) is in my shed now gathering dust. I used it once last year and it
still works. Being retired she could mow at any time, so was not at the
mercy of wet weekends. My point being that although I would not choose an
electric machine, its electric start and ride on for me, for some folk they
do have benefits. For her the series of extension leads she used was far
easier than starting, manoeuvring and maintaining a petrol engined machine.

Mike