Old 14-04-2007, 03:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dj dj is offline

Default cedar questions

Our local box store has a sale on five-six foot cedars and I've been kicking
around the idea of replacing a fence with this plant. I don't know what
type of cedar they are, but I see them everywhere (southern ON Can.) My
questions, How well will this plant handle Maple tree roots. There is all
day sun, but the fine/fibrous roots of the tree restrict the growth of
clematis (SP). The area is fairly wet and clay. Also these plants would be
two-three feet for a neighbours house. I mention that only because someone
told me that the back of the plants would not fill in being close to
something like a house.
Mostly I'm concerned about the maple roots though, and if they can handle
them.
If any one can steer me in the right direction, it would be most
appreciated!