Old 14-04-2007, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Aram Langhans Aram Langhans is offline

Default New Camera - Flower-DSC00018.JPG

I have the Sony H2 and it is a great camera, though not pocket size. Takes
outstanding photos. Your shot shows both the good and bad of a small sensor
digital. Nice performance, good sharpness, but it is so hard to get good
close-ups because:
1. They focus closest at their widest angle so your background includes
lots of stuff
2. They have such a large depth of field that it is hard to isolate your
subject using selective focus, a technique I love.
That said, I use my H2 more than my film Leica lately.

Aram

John - Pa. wrote in message
My dSLR kit is getting massive. With tripod and a pile of lenses and
other bits, I literally have to wheel it around in a small cart. For
some time I have been thinking about buying a shirt-pocket camera that
I could always keep at-hand for those great shots and special lighting
that always happen when you are not on a formal photographic
expedition with your sherpa (fortunately, I'm married to mine).

With the spring-season camera announcements (many makers announce new
models in Feb-Mar and again in Aug-Sept) I was impressed with the
sound of the new Sony T-100. Early user reports were positive too, and
so I went-for-it.

My criteria were;
1) Pocket sized.
2) Good quality images
3) Better than 3x optical zoom (~100mm eq. is OK for portraits,
but I wanted something that could pull in landscapes and close-ups)
4) Image stabilization (I love it in my dSLR)

Although not the smallest body on the planet, this Sony has all of the
above. It is also has plenty of compromises to achieve this
shirt-pocket size, of course, and I am not abandoning my dSLR kit, but
here is a first sample of its output from this morning.

JD
Sony DSC T-100 Pocket-camera
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net