Old 14-04-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Klatch Klatch is offline

Default turtle in a koi pond

"Hal" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:08:27 CST, "Dan Robinson"
wrote:

We have a large koi pond and it would be
nearly impossible to climb out of it. Would this put our koi at risk?

My dentist has turtle and goldfish in small ponds outside his office.
After years of living together in the same pond without incident, he
removed a growth from one of his older goldfish and when released back
into the pond the turtle immediately swam over and took a large bite
out of the goldfish. He guessed the smell of recent surgery (Fresh
wound.) could have been a number of things to cause the turtle to bite
after years of not harming a goldfish. You may have a different
experience.

Regards,

Hal

Or the fish was sufficiently disabled to allow the turtle to accomplish what
he had been only able to dream about for years :-)