Old 15-04-2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
hollenback hollenback is offline

Default Greenhouse installation

"** Frank **" wrote in message
. ..
Just got a 10' x12' x 10' height polycarbonate greenhouse with aluminum
structure kid for the wife:
The instruction is to excavate the area to a depth of 5" and bury the
greenhouse base frame in it with gravel. No other anchoring method is
provided. Even though I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area with not
that much wind but I'm concern about wind loading after installation. Has
anyone installed one of this?

The Greenhouse Forum on Gardenweb (
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/strucs/ ) has a lot of information on
installing and reinforcing that greenhouse. If you read the FAQ for the
forum and do a search for HFGH you will find plenty of information.

Bill